This is an introductory course to creating virtual worlds with the help of Unity 3D and Oculus Quest head-mounted displays. The lectures are given by Prof. Sebastian J. Schlecht.
To get a flavour of the course; here, is the showreel of the course projects in 2020.
What this course is about
- Introduction to Unity 3D and Oculus Quest
- Introduction to XR Interaction Toolkit and Oculus Interaction Framework
- Coding for virtual reality applications
- Basics of interaction in virtual reality
What this course in NOT about
- No other coding languages, e.g., Unreal, WebXR, …
- No other HMDs, e.g., Vive, Index, Varjo, …
- No other VR frameworks, e.g., VRTK, OpenVR, AR framework …
- Basics of VR technology, history and usage (see Introduction to VR)
- Storytelling, VR Design, … see (see Designing and Creating Virtual Worlds)
- 3D Modeling and Animation (see Animation for Games and VR D)
- Spatial Sound (see Immersive Sound)
- HCI principles (see Human-Computer Interaction)
- Bigger VR projects (see Independent Study in VR)
This course runs over six weeks and has five coding assignments. More details can be found on the MyCourse page 2023.